Καὶ ἔγνω Κάιν τὴν γυναῖκα αὐτοῦ, καὶ συλλαβοῦσα ἔτεκεν τὸν Ἑνώχ. καὶ ἦν οἰκοδομῶν πόλιν καὶ ἐπωνόμασεν τὴν πόλιν ἐπὶ τῷ ὀνόματι τοῦ υἱοῦ αὐτοῦ Ἑνώχ.
And Kain knew his wife, and having conceived she bore Henoch. And he built a city and named the city after the name of his son Henoch.
וידע קין את־אשׁתו ותהר ותלד את־חנוך ויהי בנה עיר ויקרא שׁם העיר כשׁם בנו חנוך׃
* ἐπὶ τῷ ὀνόματι | some Hebrew MSS = בשם
* having conceived she begot OR she became pregnant and gave birth to
* bore OR gave birth to OR brought forth
Septuagint Manuscripts :
Gen 4:17 [Codex Alexandrinus (A) (5th century)]
- Robert Holmes (1798)
- Paul Anton de Lagarde (1868)
- Tischendorf-Nestle (1880)
- Henry Barclay Swete (1887)
- Cambridge (Alan England Brooke & Norman McLean) (1906)