The translation of the Hebrew Bible into Greek was one of the major events in the history of the world. Without the translation, Christianity, the religion which inspired the civilisation of the West, could not have developed in the form that we know. (Nina L. Collins)
Septuaginta.Net (Vetus Testamentum Graece iuxta Septuaginta (LXX) Interpretes) is a website that is dedicated to the studies of the Septuagint and translations of the Greek Old Testament (Η ΠΑΛΑΙΑ ΔΙΑΘΗΚΗ) by Aquila, Symmachus, and Theodotion.
Septuaginta Dot Net’s Goals:
- A new critical text of the Septuagint that is as close as possible to the text in Hebrew.
- A comprehensive critical apparatus that is accessible to everyone.
- A new English translation for the Septuagint, Aquila, Symmachus, and Theodotion.
- Discover the Hebrew vorlage used by the translators of the Septuagint.
- A PDF version of the Septuagint that will be made available for download.
- Encourage the study of Septuagint Greek.